First, I have learned so much during my recovery and am much more aware of what my body is trying to tell me!
Secondly, I and cannot express enough gratitude toward those individuals who "educated" me along the way!! They took the time to talk to me, listen to me, respond to me, model for me and more importantly...put up with me for many, many months...and that ain't so easy my friends btw...
With that being said...
I am still waiting...
waiting for the "OK" to leap back into the game...
|I saw this pic on Stephanie's blog and just couldn't resist it...|
Nonetheless...I can't think of a reason to not list some of the goals I hope to achieve in 2012. Some are short term and in the hopeful near future, and others long term and further away. I understand fully that my surgical recovery and body will dictate in the long run whether or not these goals are accomplished. However, I find it motivating to talk about...and putting it out there makes me committed to making, or trying to make it happen.
So here you go...my goals for 2012
1. To slowly begin practicing Bikram yoga again...pain free... at least 2-3 times per week for strength, balance and mental clarity
2. Incorporate more strength training and core work into my training. I have learned at my age this is absolutely necessary in order to avoid future injuries...and aid in muscle recovery
3. Start running slowly with low mileage, but consistently to begin building up endurance and strength
4. Incorporate more speed work and base training into my running
5. Alternate running with more biking and swimming for cross training purposes...and less stress on my joint
6. Complete the trifitness sprint triathlon in late August, and enjoy every minute of it
7. Complete a 5k since hip surgery in as close to 24 minutes as possible, and a 10k in less than 50 minutes for a start
8. Allow my body to recover as often as it tells me too!
9. find and sign up for at least one half marathon somewhere near my area mid summer
10. Run the NYC marathon in November 2012
I realize these goals may seem far fetched to some...
and ridiculously easy to others...
but they are mine for now... and I am inspired to achieve them!
what are some of your goals for 2012???
Come on...motivate us!