Saturday, February 18, 2012

7 Minutes in Heaven........

I just had the best 7 minutes in heaven...

I
am
serious...

and I'm NOT in middle school anymore!!!


As of late, I have been patient...
behaved...
optimistic...
positive...
calm...
cooperative...
diligent...
and at times according to my husband...
a royal pain in the ass!

but... it caught me totally off guard.............

He walked over to me and said.."I'm thinking that I just want to see what it feels like for you to run...
if your up to it...
just for a few minutes let's see what happens...
if your in pain or uncomfortable...
then STOP! 
But, I'm thinking it's time...
it's been 6 months since your surgery, let's just see what happens...
What do you think?"
My heart raced a bit and I wasn't mentally prepared of course.  


I have been waiting for this day for about  8 months or so...... 
but I didn't expect it today...
it came out of nowhere...
I just said OK
took off my sweatshirt
put my hat on
and went for it...


I ran for 7 minutes...

I'm not quites sure why I stopped at that point?????????? 
 I just did for some reason...
I think I was nervous to keep going...
afraid I was suppose to hurt..
scared I would make things worse. 
wondering if I would lose my breath...

I ran for 7 minutes...

he was watching...
he said I looked like I had been running all along...
like I had never stopped... 
 my cadence was perfect...
my gait not awkward...
my form relaxed...
my footing in rhythm with the other...

I ran 7 minutes...and I was in heaven

the best 7 minutes I've had in a long time...


And when I came home and told my husband about it,
this was the look I got...
Honey...did you just say what I think you said???

So...what something has moved your heaven and earth lately???

18 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! I am so so happy for you!!! Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you!!!! You ARE "on the right track!" You inspire me! I can't wait to hear updates as 7 minutes turns to more! Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky...I don't know how I could possibly inspire you...but thank you so much for the support:)

      Delete
  3. My students have moved me. They seem to be conspiring to let me know how much they love me, as much as kindergartners and first graders can! Quotes include, "Mrs. Miller, you're a really nice teacher. Like the nicest nice." or "Mrs. Miller, thank you for helping me learn. Thank you for teaching me." Breaks. my. heart! Thanks for stopping by the blog, love what you're doing here! And holy hot mama alert with the beach yoga pose! I hope post children I look half as good! Share your secrets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments on my blog. I'm fairly new myself to the blog world. I'm looking forward to reading about your journey. Those 7 mins are the start of something new. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Progress! So happy for you. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you...I will...I definately will!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woot! Congratulations! I know what it's like to be given that green light after a long time off (injury in my case) and it is such a liberating feeling. I hope you have many more happy minutes of running. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo-hoo!!! Isn't it great to get back out there???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you! I love to hear when someone has a good run! It just lights up my heart! Especially if you are struggling with an injury! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is awesome news, congrats!! Especially since you felt good the whole 7 minutes. Sounds like you're ready to ease back into it. So thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How great! Thanks for reminding me that sometimes seven minutes is a REALLY big deal! Looking forward to reading about future adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! Build it up gradually and soon you'll be back 100%! My wife cycled with me while I ran this past Saturday and again on Sunday. It made me feel very special and I made some comment about heaven as well. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coming back to life! This is the first important step. I am very glad that you can run again. Take it easy and don't be in hurry. Congrats.
    I hope to see soon more posts about your runs. Brava.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!! That must have been an amazing feeling!! :) You'll be racking up the miles again in no time.
    Thanks for checking out my blog too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...